External courses, accredited by PSNZ Education
Accreditation or endorsement of CE activities:
- assures their quality, consistency, impartiality and integrity
- provides pharmacists with a reliable basis to select quality activities
- promotes the provision of appropriate, high quality continuing education to support improved evidence based pharmacy practice
- ensures that they are relevant to NZ professional pharmacy practice
The PSNZ CE Accreditation Standards define measurable attributes that all CE activities must demonstrate to become accredited. CE providers must meet all the criteria outlined in these Standards for accreditation of their activities and remain accountable for the quality of the learning activities they offer.
Current Learning Resources accredited by PSNZ
Pharmacists Guide to Medicinal Cannabis – New Zealand
• Identify the process of the endocannabinoid system in action
• Identify the potential clinical applications of medicinal cannabis in New Zealand
• Recognise approved treatment considerations, pharmacokinetics, dosing & titration of medicinal cannabis
• Recognise pharmacological details and therapeutic effects of medicinal cannabis
• Identify the acute toxicity and safety ratio of cannabis
This self-paced course serves as an introduction to medicinal cannabis to provide a basic understanding of the therapeutic properties of medicinal cannabis and its potential application in chronic pain management, palliative care, multiple sclerosis, CINV, and epilepsy.
The course covers an outline of the endocannabinoid system, pharmacology, mechanisms of action, acute toxicity, and safety ratio of cannabis, patient considerations, pharmacokinetics, dosing, titration and practical tips to dispense medicinal cannabis.
This course is designed for Pharmacists, Pharmacy Dispenser, Pharmacy Assistant, Pharmacy Support Staff and Medical Science Liaisons and is accredited for 2 hours of professional learning. Accreditation Number 2021/04; expiry October 2023.