We work collaboratively with government agencies and key health sector stakeholders to advocate on your behalf.
Through our advocacy and engagement work we influence government policy development as it relates to the practice of pharmacy.
We present the perspective of the pharmacy profession and highlight the opportunities pharmacists may provide in contributing to the health care of New Zealanders.
Many written submissions are made on specific issues to organisations such as the Ministry of Health, PHARMAC, Medsafe, Medicines Classification Committee, Central Technical Advisory Service (CTAS) and Parliamentary Select Committees.
We are the professional voice for pharmacy.
Below is a list of the most recent submissions we have competed recently on behalf of the profession:
- MoH: Medicines Classification Committee 70th Meeting
- Therapeutic Products Bill: Submission (March 2023)
- Pharmacy Council: PSNZ submission to Pharmacy Councils proposed increase in APC fees for 2023-2024
- Pharmacy Council: PSNZ submission to Pharmacy Councils consultation on draft Pharmacist Prescriber Competence Standards (October 2022)
- MoH: Medicines Classification Committee 69th Meeting
- Health Select Committee: Medicines Amendment Bill (No 2)
- MoH: Medicines Classification Committee 68th Meeting
- Pae Ora Legislation Committee: Pae Ora (Healthy Futures) Bill
- Pharmacy Council: PSNZ submission to Pharmacy Councils proposed increase in APC fee for 2022-2023
- Pharmacy Council: Medicines Management Framework and MUR Competence Standards
- TAS: Pharmacy Procedures Manual update
- MoH: Health and Disability Services Standard
- MoH: Medicines Classification Committee 65th Meeting
- MoH: Medicines Classification Committee 66th Meeting
- MoH: Smokefree Environments Regulated Products Act
- MoH: Smokefree Aotearoa 2025 Action Plan
- PHARMAC: Funding influenza vaccine for Mental Health patients
- PHARMAC: Review of PHARMAC
- MoH: Implementation of the End of Life Act
Older submissions are available here.