New Zealand Pharmacy Education and Research Foundation (NZPERF)
The New Zealand Pharmacy Education and Research Foundation (NZPERF) was established in 1967 as a charitable trust for the benefit of the pharmacy profession. Originally established with a seeding grant from the Pharmaceutical Society, the Foundation has sought and attracted tax deductible grants and donations from pharmacists and from members of the pharmaceutical industry. These funds have been invested by honorary Trustees who manage the fund, which currently stands at over $4 million.
The interest and dividends received from the fund's investments are allocated to applicants by a Foundation Board that meets in May and November each year. In addition to grants for specific projects, the Foundation also funds some specific prizes.
The purposes of NZPERF are
- to assist in funding the development of pharmacy education in New Zealand;
- to assist in funding research into the science and practice of pharmacy, and
- to ensure that New Zealand pharmacists have the opportunity to remain at the forefront of their profession.
The Trustees are Alan Fraser, Geoff Savell, Brian Johnston, Gordon Ritson, Richard Townley, Mike Seymour, Grant Coppersmith and Bronwen Shepherd.
The Foundation Board comprises representatives of:
- Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand - Rhiannon Braund, Brooke McKay and Brendon McIntosh
- New Zealand Hospitals Pharmacists' Association - Lorraine Welman
- University of Otago, School of Pharmacy - Natalie Medlicott
- University of Auckland, School of Pharmacy - Janie Sheridan
A representative from the Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand, is the Secretary of NZPERF.
The Trustees and Board members give their services and time freely without fees or allowances.
Making a Donation to NZPERF
Donations to NZPERF are tax deductible and all pharmacists and pharmacies are invited to consider including a donation with their Society membership fees each year. Such monies are treated as capital and invested in the Trust Fund. Donations can be sent to NZPERF, PO Box 11640, Manners Street, Wellington 6142. Pharmacists when reviewing their Will may wish to consider making a bequest or legacy to the New Zealand Pharmacy Education and Research Foundation.
Current PSNZ members can make a donation to NZPERF from the link below. You will be required to login.
Non members wishing to donate can contact us at email@example.com for bank account details.
Thank you to all who have donated to NZPERF.
NZPERF is registered with the Charities Commission, registration number CC40687.