WELCOME TO PHARMACY SELF CARE
Pharmacy Self Care was introduced in New Zealand in 1992.
Primarily, Pharmacy Self Care is a health information and education programme for the public designed specially for delivery through pharmacies. It aims to highlight the role of pharmacists in primary health care, particularly in the area of quality use of medicines.
The programme also recognises the importance of all pharmacy staff working together as a team to promote the pharmacy as a centre for health information.
PHARMACY SELF CARE GOALS:
- To use pharmacy's unique position to improve community access to quality health information, increase consumers' health awareness and encourage active involvement in their own health care
- To provide topical and applied continuing education options to all pharmacy staff
- To provide pharmacies with the opportunity to be recognised as primary centres for health information and advice
- To establish close working relationships with the purchasers/providers of health services and other public/private health agencies and present pharmacy as an essential resource to achieving their health goals
- To improve pharmacy's performance through raising pharmacists' profile and marketing the professional aspects of pharmacy practice
HOW TO JOIN PHARMACY SELF CARE
Download the Membership Subscription Application Form below, complete and return to PSNZ.
When your membership has been processed we will send you a full set of Self Care cards and the appropriate display unit for your pharmacy. You have a choice of two:
- A three-sided rotating floor stand.
- A set of three wall baskets.
You will be given access to the members' area of the Self Care section of the website, which includes online ordering of Self Care cards and online learning modules.