NZPERF - Projects & Applications
The Foundation welcomes applications from pharmacists from all areas of the profession who want support to undertake practice-related research.
Some examples of projects that received funding in 2019 are:
- Bioerodable, sustained dual drug delivery system to provide prolonged, post-operative pain relief following joint surgery after a single injection.
- Mental health literacy of community pharmacists in New Zealand.
- Investigating changes in the brain structure and function of individuals with psychosis experiences.
- Exploring pharmacists’ views on workplace bullying in New Zealand.
- What is the New Zealand public’s demand for and impression of pharmacists?
- Sexual health services in community pharmacies – where are we at?
- Investigating peripheral immune profile in treatment-resistant depression: response to ketamine.
- An investigation into the impact of pharmacy promotional videos on public awareness in New Zealand.
Grants with published papers held by NZPERF
The following research grants produced published papers that are held at NZPERF office. If you require a copy or further details please contact the Secretary, email@example.com
Each year the NZPERF Board provides funding of $18,000 to each School of Pharmacy for summer studentships.
Otago University receives three grants of $6,000 each for students undertaking the BPharm Honours programme.
The funds awarded in 2019 covered the following studies:
- How has pharmacy school changed the perceptions, attitudes and personalities of pharmacy students: A longitudinal analysis from 2nd to 4th year.
- Conquering sexually transmitted infections with social media: A design-based research study
- Hospital Pharmacy in New Zealand over time
Auckland University receives three summer studentships of $6,000 each and the studies for 2019/2020 were:
- An investigation into the accessibility of medicines for children in New Zealand
- Impact of liposomal size in their intracellular trafficking
- Pacific youth views on pharmacy in NZ as a study and career pathway
The following University Summer Studentships have been undertaken and detailed reports are held by NZPERF. If you would like further information please contact the Secretary, Jess Withell - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust Deed specifies that the purpose of the Foundation is to stimulate advances in pharmacy education and research in New Zealand. Thus, grants are only made when the Board is of the opinion that the completion of the project will benefit pharmacy in this country. The Board does not normally fund applications for travel expenses incurred in the process of completing projects.
- All applications including the cover sheet must be typed, using the link NZPERF Grant Application form and Guidelines. These can also be obtained from the NZPERF Secretary.
- Applications must be submitted by 10th April or 10th October of each year.
- It is important that the completed application form complies with the requirements specified in the grant application guidelines. If deadlines are not met grant applicants/holders risk ongoing and future funding.
- If a person is applying for funding for education they need to show evaluation of outcomes and how these will be applied to pharmacy in New Zealand and not just personal development.
- A person who applies for a grant to undertake study overseas will be required to give an assurance that if a grant is made, he or she will return to New Zealand and remain involved with the profession of pharmacy for a subsequent period to be specified by the Board at the time the grant is awarded.
Download this editable form to your desktop, complete and send to NZPERF Grant Application Form. After you have saved the document, open and choose to either "Add comment" or click on the "typewriter icon", depending on what version you have to be able to add content.
- You now need to indicate whether or not ethics approval has been obtained for your research.
- Applications are to be single sided. Do not double side.
- Methodology - this must be clear and it is suggested that those not associated with a university should seek guidance from a university researcher.
- Publication costs in open access journals will be considered, but will be capped at $750.00 and considered on a case by case basis.
Reporting Form for Grant Holders
Download the editable Progress and Completed report forms to your desktop, complete and send to NZPERF. After you have saved the document, open and choose to either "Add comment" or click on the "typewriter icon", depending on what version you have to be able to add content.
NZPERF is not currently funding applications for PhD scholarships.
For further details contact
Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand by email email@example.com
Applications close on 10th April and 10th October each year.