Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand (PSNZ) announces the new “Sir Graeme Douglas Leadership Award”
This award recognises the encouragement and mentorship given to young pharmacists by Sir Graeme Douglas during his lifetime.Sir Graeme was a Gold Medallist and Fellow of the Pharmaceutical Society.
This is an annual award open to individual pharmacist members who have been registered for 10 years or less and who can show outstanding potential as future leaders in the profession.
The award is for a maximum of $5,000 to be used for either:
- Travel, registration and accommodation to attend an FIP Conference or an International Special Interest Conference or
- Enrolment in the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia Leadership Programme, or equivalent.
The award is payable as a reimbursement of receipted expenses incurred by the award recipient.
Applications are now called for and close at 5.00pm on Tuesday 5 June 2018.
Pharmacists wishing to apply for the award are invited to:
Submit a narrative of up to 1,000 words stating the following:
- Why they wish to be considered for the award;
- What the award will be used for; and
- How it will impact on their role as a leader in the pharmacy profession.
The applicant must also submit a full CV including:
- Significant achievements and leadership positions to date; and
- Length of time as a registered pharmacist.
Following attendance at Conference or completion of the Leadership Programme (as applicable) the applicant must undertake to provide a full report to PSNZ on the activity undertaken.
Applications will be considered by a judging panel appointed by the PSNZ National Executive and a recommendation will be presented to the National Executive for endorsement.
Please submit your application to the CEO PSNZ by email to email@example.com before the deadline of 5pm, Tuesday 5 June 2018.