Heart Health Series - Hypertension
- $30.00 incl. GST for PSNZ members
- $90.00 incl. GST for NZHPA members
- $90.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
Completing this module will give you an overview and update of hypertension, including its definition, complications, risk factors, evaluation, aetiology, and treatment options, as described in recent updates in national and international guidelines.
About this learning module;
This learning consists of an interactive learning module with videos, supplementary readings and a reflective template to help you use this education to improve everyday practice.
This learning activity has been accredited by PSNZ Education (Professional Development and Training) for 2.5 hours of professional learning and is suitable for inclusion in a pharmacist’s records for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
This course is not formally assessed.
This learning can be used for your annual recertification requirements -
Upon successful completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Discuss the incidence and prevalence of hypertension
- Recognise the Risk Factors for and from hypertension
- Describes the aetiology/pathophysiology of hypertension
- Discuss the role of diet, exercise, and other lifestyle choices in managing hypertension
- Explain the current hypertension guidelines and discuss the role of the different medication classes in its management