Molnupiravir (Lagevrio) - what a pharmacist needs to know
- $0.00 incl. GST for PSNZ members
- $100.00 incl. GST for NZHPA members
- $100.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
Completing this course will provide participants with the evidence, indications for and mechanisms of Molnupiravir in their treatment of COVID-19 in the community. The criteria for and supply restrictions for Molnupiravir are discussed. Finally, extra resources and patient information are available.
If you are looking for the Oral Antivirals for Pharmacist Only Supply Training Programme please enrol here instead.
About this learning module;
This learning consists of an interactive learning module with videos, supplementary readings and a reflective template to help you use this education to improve everyday practice.
This course is not formally assessed.
This learning can be used for your annual recertification requirements -
Content developed by PSNZ Education, Professional Development and Training staff.
By the end of this module, participants should be able to:
- Describe the mechanism and action of Molnupiravir
- Discuss any safety concerns about Molnupiravir
- Describe the contraindications for Molnupiravir
- Identify the current recommendations for Paxlovid in pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Evaluate current evidence for Molnupiravir in the treatment of COVID-19
- Describe the eligibility criteria and supply process for Molnupiravir in NZ
- Locate and supply patient information about Molnupiravir
PSNZ Education, Professional Development and Training would like to acknowledge Merck Sharpe and Dohme (MSD Ltd) for their financial support for this course allowing us to make it free for our members. The information delivered has been developed independently of their support.