Heart Health Series - Introduction
- $0.00 incl. GST for PSNZ members
- $23.00 incl. GST for NZHPA members
- $23.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
Heart Health is a series of seven modules designed for pharmacists, interns and techs. Each module covers learning about specific cardiac conditions and their treatment. This introductory module covers the cardiovascular system, its structure, function and cardiovascular risk is the introductory module to learning about cardiovascular disease and its treatment in NZ.
About this learning module;
This learning consists of an interactive learning module with videos, supplementary readings and a reflective template to help you use this education to improve everyday practice.
This learning activity has been accredited by PSNZ Education (Professional Development and Training) for 2 hours of professional learning and is suitable for inclusion in a pharmacist’s records for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
This course is not formally assessed.
This learning can be used for your annual recertification requirements -
Upon successful completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Understand the structure and function of the cardiovascular system.
- Describe the cardiac cycle and how this relates to an ECG (electrocardiogram)
- Recognise the importance of CVD risk factors assessment and its association with CVD prevention
- Describe modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease
- Understand how cardiovascular risk is assessed and managed in New Zealand.
- Recognise the increased CVD risk for people with serious mental illness.
PSNZ Education, Professional Development and Training would like to acknowledge Novartis for their financial support for this course allowing us to make it free for our members. The information delivered has been developed independently of their support.