How dense are you? How to assess and treat osteoporosis - On Demand
- $60.00 incl. GST for PSNZ members
- $180.00 incl. GST for NZHPA members
- $180.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
About this learning module;
This learning consists of a 2-hour webinar, supplementary readings and a multichoice assessment to test your knowledge.
This learning activity has been accredited by PSNZ Education (Professional Development and Training) for 3 hours of professional learning and is suitable for inclusion in a pharmacist’s records for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
This learning can be used for your annual recertification requirements -
Dr Anna Fenton
Dr Fenton is a Gynaecological Endocrinologist who completed a PhD in bone cell biology at the University of Melbourne. She was involved in establishing the New Zealand branch of the Australasian Menopause Society and has served on the board of Osteoporosis New Zealand. Anna is currently the clinical leader for the Canterbury District Health Board Bone Density Service. She is actively involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
This webinar was recorded:
21 August 2018, the course content was reviewed and updated in 2020 and again in 2023.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of osteoporosis as a medical problem
- Understand the pathophysiology of bone loss
- Describe techniques for measuring bone density
- Describe the role of clinical risk factors in the establishment of osteoporosis
- Explain the variety of evidence-based treatment options available to treat osteoporosis
- Recognise the risks and benefits of osteoporosis therapies, particularly the bisphosphonates