MAVIRET Quality Use of Medicines - On Demand
- $0.00 incl. GST for PSNZ members
- $0.00 incl. GST for NZHPA members
- $0.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
If you are interested in participating in the AbbVie Care Pharmacy Programme to supply MAVIRET® for hepatitis C, go to abbviecarepharmacy.co.nz to register (the username and password are both GT1-6).
If your pharmacy is already registered and participating in the AbbVie Care Pharmacy Programme, enrol and complete the MAVIRET® Quality Use of Medicines course to supply and advise on this medicine.
MAVIRET® has an alternative XPHARM distribution arrangement. Under this XPHARM arrangement, the pharmacy does NOT purchase the medicine and cannot claim a dispensing fee in relation to MAVIRET®. The pharmacy will receive a service fee.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Review Hepatitis C infection, and the consequences if left untreated
- Identify risk factors for infection and screening protocols in HCV patients in New Zealand
- Describe the following for MAVIRET:
- Recommended dosing regimen for different genotypes
- Safety profile and common adverse events
- Contraindications, warnings & precautions
- Use in pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Mechanism and management of drug-drug interactions
- Explain how and where to report any adverse event
About this training course;
This learning consists of a presentation handout, supplementary resources and 2 multichoice assessments. A grade of 100% is needed to pass this training course.
This learning activity has been accredited by PSNZ Education (Professional Development and Training) for 2 hours of professional learning and is suitable for inclusion in a pharmacist’s records for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
This learning can be used for your annual recertification requirements.