Oral Antivirals for Pharmacist Only Supply - Training Programme
- $0.00 incl. GST for PSNZ members
- $0.00 incl. GST for NZHPA members
- $0.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
On July 14th 2022, the Associate Health Minister announced that Nirmatrelvir with Ritonavir (Paxlovid™) and Molnupiravir (Lagevrio®) were reclassified from prescription-only medicine to pharmacist-only (restricted) medicine.
The aim of this change is to increase timely access by allowing pharmacists to provide these oral antiviral medicines without a prescription to people who have COVID-19 and who meet the eligibility criteria set by PHARMAC
The Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand Inc. (PSNZ) has been contracted by the Ministry of Health to provide a training programme for pharmacists (and other health professionals) with the tools needed to appropriately supply these medicines to our most vulnerable patients.
About this programme
There are 4 essential sections in this comprehensive programme:
- Introduction and the place of oral antivirals in treating COVID-19
- Clinical Education modules for each drug (Nirmatrelvir/Ritonavir and Molnupiravir)- resources to provide information about the drug, its mechanism of action, supply, interactions and their management
- The COVID-19 antiviral supply process. This section provides the outline of the service, how to have an effective telehealth consultation, eligibility criteria, clinical decision pathway and information about counselling, delivery requirements and reimbursement protocols.
Please note: if you have already completed the education modules on PaxlovidTM and Lagevrio® you will not need to repeat them. However, we strongly recommend that you review these courses within this training programme, as there have been updates made since the reclassification.
Once registered, please allow 5-10mins for your training to sync with your MyLearning platform.
Once logged in on MyLearning you will see the first module COVID-19 Antiviral Reclassification listed under your "Current Enrolled Learning" block.