Atrial Fibrillation Management - On Demand
- $58.00 incl. GST for PSNZ members
- $115.00 incl. GST for NZHPA members
- $115.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
ABOUT THIS LEARNING MODULE;
This learning consists of a 2-hour webinar, supplementary readings, a multichoice assessment, discussion points and a reflective template to help you use this education to improve everyday practice.
This learning activity has been accredited by PSNZ Education (Professional Development and Training) for 3 hours of professional learning and is suitable for inclusion in a pharmacist’s records for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
Dr Martin Stiles
Martin Stiles is Director of Electrophysiology at Waikato Hospital and an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Waikato Clinical School, University of Auckland.
He completed his PhD on Atrial Fibrillation and Atrial Flutter at the University of Adelaide in 2008. He is a previous Chair of Heart Rhythm NZ and currently Chairs the International Document Writing Committee of the Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society.
His clinical work focuses on the treatment of arrhythmias with pacemakers and ICDs, and with cardiac ablation. He also does private work at Midland Cardiovascular Services, Braemar Hospital, Hamilton and at Waikato Heart.
This webinar was recorded on:
3 April 2019 and was reviewed and updated in 2021.
Learning Objectives and Competence Standards
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain what atrial fibrillation is
- Describe the pharmacological treatment options for the management of atrial fibrillation
- Describe the non-pharmacological management of atrial fibrillation including lifestyle modifications
- Describe agents used in stroke prevention in patients with atrial fibrillation
Competence Standards Addressed:
- O1.2 Provide Healthcare
- O1.3 Review and Manage Patient's Medicines Therapy
- O1.4 Deliver Quality and Safe Services
- O1.5 Access, Evaluate and Provide Medicines Information.