Anticoagulants - What Pharmacists need to know - On Demand
- $58.00 incl. GST for PSNZ members
- $115.00 incl. GST for NZHPA members
- $115.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
About this learning module;
This learning consists of a 2-hour webinar, supplementary readings and a multichoice assessment.
This learning activity has been accredited by PSNZ Education (Professional Development and Training) for 3 hours of professional learning and is suitable for inclusion in a pharmacist’s records for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
Associate Professor John Carter a Haematologist based in Wellington.
John is an Associate Professor at the Wellington School of Medicine, University of Otago.
On completion of this course, pharmacists will be able to:
- Describe monitoring strategies for the main anticoagulants available in New Zealand.
- Recognise the current main indications for these anticoagulants.
- Recognise the main side-effects and contraindications of these anticoagulants.
- Identify reversal agents and strategies to manage bleeding complications occurring in patients receiving anticoagulant therapy.
This webinar was original recorded on:
29 May 2018, reviewed and updated August 2020
Sponsored by: Boehringer Ingelheim New Zealand
PSNZ would like to acknowledge Boehringer Ingelheim for their support of this webinar. The information presented in this learning module was developed independently of their support.