Heart Health Basic Practice Update Workbook
- $70.00 incl. GST for members
- $90.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
This workbook is provided by College Education and Training, a business unit of Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand Inc.
Workbook reviewed and updated in 2018 by:
Lejla has been a clinical pharmacist for various hospital areas, specialising in cardiovascular pharmacotherapy for 20 years. Currently, she is the advanced clinical pharmacist for the Cardiac Services at Auckland District Health Board, and practices in the Cardiothoracic and Vascular ICU, and Heart and Lung Transplant Teams. Previously, she has been a pharmacist for Coronary Care Units, and Cardiac Rehabilitation Programmes across all hospitals in the Auckland region. In addition, Lejla established the Clinical Pharmacy and the Medicines Information Services at Counties Manukau District Health Board (CMDHB). She has also led the successful implementation of several initiatives to improve quality and safe use of medicines in New Zealand DHBs. From 2005 to 2009 she was Honorary Clinical Lecturer at School of Pharmacy in Auckland.
On completion of this course, pharmacists will be able to:
- List the modifiable risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease
- Describe the clinical management of patients with cardiovascular disease
- Describe the pathophysiology of stable coronary artery disease
- Describe the pharmacological treatment of patients with stable coronary artery disease and explain non-pharmacological approaches to treatment
- Recognise different types of acute coronary syndromes and describe the investigations and clinical features used to determine different types
- Explain the definition of heart failure
- Describe the pharmacological treatment of heart failure and explain non-pharmacological approaches to treatment
- Describe the pathophysiology of atrial fibrillation
- Describe the pharmacological treatment of atrial fibrillation and explain non-pharmacological approaches to treatment
A separate learning package must be purchased for each individual that requires assessment.
Accreditation number: C18/12, Expiry: 11 May 2020. This learning activity has been accredited by PSNZ ENHANCE.
You may allocate up to 5 ENHANCE group 1 points, if you read this workbook, and do not do the assessment, or up to 10 ENHANCE group 2 points following your successful assessment (you must acheive ≥80% in the assessment).
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Payment must be received before your order will be sent to you.
Non Member Registration
Non PSNZ members can register for this event. Please note you will need to register as a user on the PSNZ website before you can register to attend the event. Look for the "New user? Register now" option at the bottom of the Login screen.
By enrolling in this training, you are confirming that all work undertaken within this training programme and assessment answers are your own. If there are grounds to believe that cheating or plagiarism has occurred, we will investigate and your work may be disallowed and you will be unable to complete the training.