Trimethoprim Accreditation Training - On Demand
- $135.00 incl. GST for members
- $135.00 incl. GST for non-members
About the product
This distance training programme is designed to allow pharmacists to become accredited providers of Trimethoprim. Only accredited pharmacists may sell Trimethoprim.
This course is provided by College Education and Training, a business unit of Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand Inc.
Dr Rosemary Ikram (Microbiologist)
Supported by Bob Buckham (Manager, Clinical Pharmacy & CE NZCP/PSNZ) and Natalie Gauld (Consultant Pharmacist)
This accreditation training was developed in:
- Treating women with uncomplicated cystitis (background)
- Infection and Colonisation
- Clinical Signs and Symptoms
- Symptoms and/or history requiring medical referral
- Microbiology: incl. susceptibility and resistance
- Risk Factors
- Empiric vs Directed Treatment
- Symptomatic treatment
- Trimethoprim – use, pharmacology, adverse effects
- Treatment Algorithm for Pharmacists
- Risk and Benefits for Supply by Accredited Pharmacists
- Case Scenarios
- Pharmacy Practice Guidance
Pharmacists must achieve a 100% pass mark in the assessment in order to attain accreditation. Once accreditation has been attained a Certificate of Completion of Training will be forwarded.
One learning package must be purchased for each individual accreditation.
Group 1: TWO points – for listening to the audioconference but not doing the assessment, or
Group 2: FOUR points – for completion and submission of assessment questions (100% pass mark required).
Pre reading is not assessed. Allocate Group 1 points based on one point per hour.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Payment must be received before your registration is processed. Instructions on how to access this course will be emailed to your preferred email address once your registration is processed.
Access to this online course will expire six months after payment is received.
If you do not wish to enrol and pay online, click here to download a hardcopy registration form.