Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in Paediatrics - On Demand
- On Demand,
- $0.00 incl. GST for members
- $65.00 incl. GST for non-members
- Save to my calendar
About the event
This course is provided by College Education and Training, a business unit of Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand Inc.
Dr Rupert Hinds
Dr Rupert Hinds is a consultant paediatric gastroenterologist and head of gastroenterology at Monash Children’s Hospital. He manages children and adolescents with gastrointestinal problems and his clinical interests include nutrition, hepatology and inflammatory bowel disease.
This course was developed in:
On completion of this course, pharmacists will be able to:
- Explain the prevalence, and signs and symptoms, of common functional gastrointestinal disorders (FGIDs), such as colic, constipation and regurgitation in infants.
- Differentiate between FGIDs and more serious underlying conditions, such as cows’ milk allergy and lactose intolerance, and identify when to refer.
- Evaluate the available evidence for and against a nutritional approach for the management of FGIDs.
- Provide practical advice and guidance on the management of FGIDs, including when it is appropriate to recommend tailored nutrition infant formula for formula-fed infants.
Pharmacists must achieve an 83% pass mark in order to complete the course.
One learning package must be purchased for each individual to complete the course.
This course has been accredited by PSNZ ENHANCE for 1 hour of Group 2 learning and pharmacists may allocate 2 Group TWO points on successful completion of the learning activity, evidenced by receipt of the Nutricia Certificate of achievement.
Pre-reading is not assessed. Allocate Group 1 points based on one point per hour.
Competence Standards: O1.2, O1.4, O3.2 and O3.3.
Non Member Registration
Non PSNZ members can register for this event. Please note you will need to register as a user on the PSNZ website before you can register to attend the event. Look for the "New user? Register now" option at the bottom of the Login screen.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Payment must be received before your course materials will be made available to you. Confirmation and how to access the course materials will be forwarded to your preferred email address once your registration has been processed.
Cancellation more than seven days before the webinar:
A full refund is available. This amount may be refunded, or transferred to another course or another person.
Cancellation between two and seven days before the webinar:
A 50% refund is available. This amount may be refunded, or transferred to another course or another person.
Cancellation the day before, the day of, or after the webinar:
No refund available.
By submitting this application you agree to these terms and conditions.
By enrolling in this training, you are confirming that all work undertaken within this training programme and assessment answers are your own. If there are grounds to believe that cheating or plagiarism has occurred, we will investigate and your work may be disallowed and you will be unable to complete the training.