Pertussis/Whooping Cough - On Demand
- On Demand,
- $34.50 incl. GST for members
- $92.00 incl. GST for non-members
- Save to my calendar
About the event
This course is provided by College Education and Training, a business unit of Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand Inc.
Dr Thorsten Stanley
Dr Stanley was educated in England and qualified at the University of Edinburgh; he completed his paediatric specialty training in Glasgow before moving to Wellington in 1980.
He has been employed since that time as a Senior Lecturer in Paediatrics at the University of Otago Wellington and as a consultant Paediatrician at Wellington Children’s Hospital. He has been a member of the NZ Paediatric Society Infectious Diseases subcommittee since 1980 and has specialty interest and continuing research projects in immunology and allergy as well as diseases of the newborn.
This webinar was recorded on:
17 May 2018
Sponsored by: Glaxo Smith Kline
On completion of this course, pharmacists will be able to:
- Describe the clinical features of pertussis including the different presentations in the newborn, during childhood and in the adult
- Describe the complications of pertussis infection including mortality rates
- Explain the treatment options available for managing patients with pertussis
- Describe the preventative measures available, their effectiveness and possible complications of their use
- Identify examples of mis-information provided by anti-immunisation groups and how as a pharmacist you may be able to assist other health professionals in counteracting these.
A separate learning package must be purchased for each individual that requires assessment.
Group 1: If <80% attained in the assessment, or assessment not completed, ONE ENHANCE group 1 point can be allocated, or
Group 2: This course has been accredited by PSNZ ENHANCE for 1 hour of group 2 learning and pharmacists may allocate TWO group 2 points on successful completion of the learning activity.
Competence Standards: M1.1, M1.2, O1.5, O2.1, O2.2
ENHANCE Accreditation Number: C18/13
Non Member Registration
Non PSNZ members can register for this event. Please note you will need to register as a user on the PSNZ website before you can register to complete the learning. Look for the "New user? Register now" option at the bottom of the Login screen.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Payment must be received before your access to the On Demand course work will be made available to you.
By enrolling in this training, you are confirming that all work undertaken within this training programme and assessment answers are your own. If there are grounds to believe that cheating or plagiarism has occurred, we will investigate and your work may be disallowed and you will be unable to complete the training.