This page contains links to course updates as they are published. These updates are also reflected in the training modules available from the PSNZ Learning Management System.
New Guidelines for the treatment of Adult and Child Asthma August 2020
College hosted a webinar with Buzz Burrell. CLICK HERE (coming soon!) to enrol for the webinar.
The new guidelines and a summary of the changes follow:
- NZ - Asthma Guidelines - Quick Reference Guide
- NZ Child Asthma Guidelines
- NZ Adolescent and Adult Asthma Guidelines
- The pharmacological management of asthma in adolescents and adults has changed (bpac summary document July 2020)
- New recommendations for asthma management by Helen Cant is available from Pharmacy Today August 2020: pages 28-31. This requires a subscription to access.
Stroke Prevention and Management Webinar (2018) reviewed August 2020
- Dabagatrin now has a reversal agent (Idarucizumab)
- Guidelines for management of bleeding with dabigatran or rivaroxaban
- Rivaroxaban-associated bleeding
- some NZ hospitals have switched from Alteplase to Tenecteplase (TNK) for stroke thrombolysis
CLICK HERE to open a summary of the updates
Maviret Course update June 2020
- Abbvie notice - new 8 week treatment duration for treatment naive, compensated cirrhotic patients (GT 1,2,4,5,6)
This is the same notice sent in May 2020 to all pharmacies registered by Abbvie to dispense Maviret
- Medsafe data sheet - updated April 2020
- Maviret Training course - updates and changes to original course summarised and highlighted.
Clozapine Course update June 2020
- Medsafe Alert Communication (09 June 2020) includes changes to therapeutic dose range, blood monitoring threshold levels, Constipation and Smoking management
- Clozapine Training course - updates and changes to original course summarised and highlighted.
- Clopine (Douglas) data sheet
- Clozaril (Mylan) data sheet
- Versacloz Oral Suspension (Douglas) data sheet