What are my obligations?
As an Overseas Pharmacist or Return to work Pharmacist there are a number of requirements you must meet while enrolled in the EVOLVE Intern Programme. These must be met before being able to register in the Pharmacist Scope of Practice.
Working a minimum of 35 hours a week full time for 26 weeks beginning from December or May
a minimum of 20 hours a week part time for 52 weeks from December or May.
These hours must be completed at an approved training site (community or hospital pharmacy) under an approved preceptor. This must be paid employment and cannot be a volunteer position.
- Be available for meetings with your preceptor, including time outside of normal working hours if required
- Completing all coursework including assignments and appraisals provided by EVOLVE
- Be able to communicate effectively and comprehend English sufficiently for the purposes of practicing as an intern and a pharmacist as per the English Language requirements of the Pharmacy Council.
- Attending face-to-face Training Days during the year.
- Successfully completing the requirements of EVOLVE and the summative assessments of the Pharmacy Council
- Pay the Programme fee which covers all costs of the training programme, including attendance at and travel to and from Training Days and Assessment Centre.
- Interns must remain working in their site until Assessment Centre results are released.